The Badger State House was built by brothers and Civil War veterans August and John Terens not long after they mustered out of the service in 1864. August managed the Badger as a hotel and barroom, while John built and operated a hardware store next door. The Badger was the first brick building in Mishicot.
Today, the Badger continues to operate as the Badger Bowl and the Cozy Corner Café. The upstairs is now a private residence.
The date of this photograph is unknown, but is believed to have been taken around the turn of the century.
More on the Badger State House