The Zion United Methodist Church, then known as the Zion Evangelical Church, on a picture postcard postmarked 1905. The church is located on Jackson Street at the intersection with Buchanan Street.
The Evangelical Church formed in 1857 when German residents living in the Saxonburg area, east of Mishicot, began meeting in parishioners’ homes. The congregation built their first church sometime around 1860, on land purchased from the Lensing family farm east of Mishicot on what is now County Highway V. The congregation built the current church in 1903.
Nationally, in 1946, the Evangelical Church merged with the United Brethren in Christ to form the Evangelical United Brethren Church. This body, in turn, united with The Methodist Church in 1968 to form the United Methodist Church.